Saturday, February 18, 2006

Steve 1, Cwmcarn 0

Ouch is all i have to say... man was that hard!! I've been riding approx 30 miles a weekend for the last couple of weeks along the canal, no problems. And I like to think I'm semi fit, Cwmcarn though... only a 15K (9.3 miles) trail but man what a 15k. Theres a distinct difference between riding along a canal and then taking on a mountain... my lungs were coming out my ****



Shouldn't really complain though, i do smoke after all, but not for long!!!

The weather was perfect, had some good people along for the trip and the views were fantastic, no i really mean it!! And, if you listened hard enough, you could just about hear a mouse fart, it was amazing, not the mouse fart, but the quietness/tranquility etc.. The only sounds were of rivers running and birds singing. Not a car, phone, radio or humm of a server to be heard, sheer bliss!!

Anyway, take a look yourself :)

I ain't riding up that!!

Even the pro's have a break!!

Me struggling to get on me bike!!

Ahhh, the river...


Dave takes a wrong turn...

Forest view

Top o the world


Risca, far far away...

Don't fall left!!!

Was an amazing day and certainly an eye opener on my current fitness. Course took us approx 2.5 hrs to complete, but that was with photo's and several 3 minute-catch-our-breaths-back breaks :)