Thursday, February 23, 2006

Thankyou

Wow... I've been posting on a few forums i regulary visit to let people know about my challenge, the traffic to my site has been great!! And so far I've had just over £300 in donations, THANK YOU!!!

Must admit though, my Dad (my other childhood Hero) has very kindly donated £200 of that :) thanks Dad, knew you would believe in me!! I won't let you down!! (PS I thought i'd leave you to be the "parachutist" in the family)

Sent a few emails to people in work, had a great conversation with our Dell business manager (Martine Sable - a godsend!!), really is encouraging when someone you don't personally know gives their support. If you read this, thanks Martine and... enjoy the holiday, you deserve it

Also, being as i'm turning into a charitable person, I got over my fear of needles today and gave blood... what a wuss i was!! Even Charlie (from accounts) managed to do it with no fuss.... me though, prfff apart from nearly fainting, talking complete gibberish (out of fear), nearly being sick, being told off by the nurse, having to lye back down for another 15 minutes, nearly fainting again, having a drink and being sick, now feeling like i've just done a marathon... it went well. My first blood giving donation... dunno what all the fuss is about, it was easy :)