Saturday, October 28, 2006

Saturday 28th October (Part 1)

Part 1:

Decided to update my blog during my break during todays training.

Already knocked up 20.2 miles today on my X-Bike and plan to get back on after this and get at least another 10 - 15 miles in. Currently watching "The Great War" DVD box set to help pass the boredom of indoor cycling.

Plan to do another 30 tomorrow and at least 20 miles each night this week.

I've finally ordered my new wheels and hope to have them this coming week. Been a while since I got on me real bike so... as good as the X-Bike is, there's nothing quite like getting out in the real world and battling it with nature (i.e. alternating terrains, ascents/descents, weather, punctures :P)

Had an email from Catherine Rands who, like myself, is cycling across Vietnam on the 16th to raise money for charity. Must say a thank you to her for the literature she sent me for the challenge.

Not having recieved any documentation from the expedition company about training, or the like, Catherine sent me the latest training document for the challenge and OMG have I been lazy!! Hence the sudden urge to get super fit in super quick time!!

I should by now being doing 6 hour back to back rides on the weekend. Alas I've been concentrating on distance and time (I know it's not a race but...) where as I should have just been getting the hours in on the bike. Aiming for around 30 hours a week :(

D'oh!!

Have to say a massive thank you to my beautiful girlfriend Charlotte for her sponsor yesterday and her continuing support.

I've been a right grumpy so and so lately for numerous reasons. I know since having those jabs I've been a bit wierd to say the least or is it the fact I'm starting to get nervous of the challenge ahead?

Whatever it is I know it can't be easy for her so thank you Charlie xxx

Also like to thank her parents Chris and Susan for their sponsor. Thank you both!!

Right... breaktime over. Back on the saddle...

Total fundraising to date: £4375.19
Miles Rode Today: 20.2 (so far)
Miles Rode Since 16/02/06: 909.8 (so far)