Monday, April 10, 2006

*Monday 10th April

What a day... work was really busy (as I like it) but I managed to get out early.

Weather was stunning so me and Dave "like a whippet" Daniels went out along the canal. 23.5 miles in 1hr 55. Definitely getting better!! Although the lungs would argue with that statement. The sunset on the way back was spectacular, just wish I had my camera with me!!

Had an email from another company possibly offering me some free gear to use/train in and auction/raffle off. More news to come on that once I get confirmation.

Had another sponsor today, thankyou Dave Field!!

Heard from Karen (Carl "I can jump almost anything" Thomas' partner), he's being kept in another night and will be getting that CT scan after all.

He's been complaining of nausea since he was admitted, he's had a huge smash to the head, numbness, loss of feeling... Doctor said he was fine to go home today. He's had an x-ray and some pain management, that's it!!

FFS!! What the hell are they teaching doctors these days!! It's blatantly obvious he needs a CT scan so why the f*** don't they give him one?? He should have had it on Saturday IMO!!

Without me going down the politically incorrect path of me ranting and raving about the NHS and such, the Staff Nurse suggested he stay in another night and HE will advise the so-called Doctor in the morning that Carl IS to have that CT scan.

Just hope everything is OK...

Total fundraising to date: £1177.00
Miles Rode Today: 23.5
Miles Rode Since 16/02/06: 186.5