Thursday, April 06, 2006

*Thursday 6th April

"What a stunning day for a bike ride" I thought to myself as I studied the thousand odd lines of coding for the company website this morning...

Haven't been out on the bike since last friday and I've had a hell of a week in work, really needed to get some fresh air and endorphins running

So... I went out for a wee cycle after work with Dave and Julian (work mates), just a short 23.5 miles along the canal, no sweat... until we hit the *killer

Legs were fine apart from my "good" knee hurting a little, but the old lungs were finding it the hardest...

As soon as I get my "high priority" projects done in work that's it!! I'm quitting!! I would quit (smoking, not my job!!) now but it's a major stress relief and an excuse to drag myself away from the desk/monitor!!

Had another 2 sponsors today, thankyou Joyce (that's really my Mum pretending to be anonymous) and thankyou Mrs. Zoe Cross (my best mates wife) :)

Hope to go out again tomorrow after work, clock some more miles up. And if the weathers good on the weekend... maybe a 30 or 40 miler

*Killer - energy sapping, never ending, are we at the top yet, lung bursting, big **** off hill

Total fundraising to date: £1127.00
Miles Rode Today: 23.5
Miles Rode Since 16/02/06: 147.5