Sunday, June 25, 2006

Sunday 25th June

Ouch... my knees hurt, my wrists hurt, my hands hurt, my ass is killing me and my back is in half but I survived my first 24 hours endurance race!! The SAAB SSMM in Ledbury!!

Wow, what a weekend!! So much to write about but I'm absolutely knackered so I'll make this a quick one and I'll try and get a write up of the weekends events tomorrow.

Apart from the Friday night booze and bbq filled pre-race party (with our official groupy Carl "I can jump almost anything" Thomas providing the majority of the entertainment). I think we drank far too much (well... I speak for myself, Dave and Carl) to be properly prepared for the following days race, but we woke on Saturday ready for action.

The course was mostly uphill (more than 3/4 I'd say) and very very bumpy!! There were "some" technical sections through a forest including a water drop, but the majority of the course was uphill bumpy ass numbing grass track. 1000's of spectators, 100's of sponsors, and at least 1600 riders with 100's on the track at any one time... thats why it's called Mountain Mayhem I suppose :)

Some piccies to wet your appetite (more to follow in the next few days, alot more!!)

My Weapon of Mass Destruction, my trusty Kona Lava Dome


Official Groupy Carl cooks brekky


Dave "like a whippet" Daniels eating said brekky


A few £££'s worth of bike!!


Me looking rather knackered


What it's all about!!


Carl plays digerydoo (spelt wrong I know!!)


Base camp


...


Me and Dave give our response to doing another lap!!


Hope to have a bigger better write up for you tomorrow. I'm off to bed now...

Total fundraising to date: £3430.00
Miles Rode Today: 16
Miles Rode Since
16/02/06: 433.5