Friday, June 23, 2006

Thursday 22nd June

It's here!!! and maaan did it creep up quickly...

This weekend see myself, Dave "like a whippet" Daniels, Adrian "Mr Fluffy" Bragger and "Robert "Capt. Bob" Windmill go crazy for a night and partake in a 24 hour mountain bike race. We've entered (as I've mention in previous posts) the SAAB SSMM 24 hour endurance race up by Eastnor Castle, Ledbury, Herefordshire.

As much as I'm looking forward to the experience of racing against 1500 other "mental" riders doing as many laps as possible in a 24 hour run... I'm shitting a brick!! :)

I've cleaned me Kona and she's all shiny and new looking. I've got me kit ready (clothes, tools etc...) and spent £60 on high carb food and rehydration fluids (beer, I mean water...), got my camera and lights on charge. Collection bucket (to see if I can raise some sponsors/donations), CRUK balloons and stickers, should be printing out some fliers tomorrow to hand out to spectators at the event.

Still hoping to get some donated water bottles to hand out/sell at the event but it looks like the deadline for delivery will be missed, unless they turn up tomorrow :(

I'm hoping with our t-shirts, fliers, stickers and possible water bottles, I should be able to generate some more traffic to my site, and hopefully, some more donations for the charities.

Carl "I can jump almost anything" Thomas has kindly offered his transport, BBQ, Beer, Banter and Moral boosting skills for our team "Bob's B*tch*s" and we're all very grateful, especially since Carl unfortunately lost his job on Wednesday.

Won't be any posts till Sunday now (if I survive the event) so I'll try and keep a diary of the weekend/event for a write up on Sunday. I've no doubt I'll have loads of pictures and video footage so I'll try and add a new page to my site where you can all gander at the delights of a 24 hour mountain bike race...

Apart from hearing the course is a 9 mile long loop of alternating terrain and the average rider only manages 3 laps... I've been informed there will be free massages for the competitors... just hope her names Heidi :P

Had a very generous donation today from Bob Berriman, many thanks Bob!! Thank you for your kind donation and your support.

Until Sunday...

Total fundraising to date: £3430.00
Miles Rode Today: 0
Miles Rode Since
16/02/06: 417.5