Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Tuesday 17th October

Urghh is the only word that describes how I feel. The Japanese B Encephalitis knocked me for 6 (Monday 9:40am). Knew within minutes of having the jab I didn't feel right. Was in the doctors for nearly an hour and a half. Nurse wouldn't let me go :(

Had to have the last 2 days off work. Side effects experienced so far include: swollen arm, nausea, shivers, muscle spasms, fever, sweats (hot and cold) to mention a few symptoms. Guess I fall into the 10 - 20 % of people who suffer taking this vaccination :(

I've got another 2 Japanese B jabs and 1 more Rabies jab, then I've got 3 weeks of seriously strong malaria tablet to take. Love it!!

Haven't managed to get on the bike for the last 2 days, just can't face it. I did manage to get 2 hours on the X-Bike on Sunday, with the mop to hand!! (a seriously good workout). I can imagine an X-Bike workout class poster: please bring towel, gloves, padded shorts and a mop!! Sweat... you ain't ever seen anything like it!! Go X-Bike gooooo :)

Have only smoked 4 fags this week. Not wearing patches either, although I think going back into work tomorrow I'll need some form of nicotine/caffine intake!!

Contacted the South Wales Argus today. Hope to arrange some local coverage to help generate some more company interest and hopefully help me hit the £5K mark (£4200 already).

Also had a phone call from Lucy at Across the Divide today. Should be getting some detailed literature on the trip sent out :)

Found out there's only 8 people doing the trip. Compared to the 45 that went last year this could be a good thing or a bad thing.

Good: Smaller group. Get to know each other a bit better. No hanging around waiting to organise 45 people to do something/get somewhere etc...

Bad: Signs that the spiders were just too big and has put people off going. Or maybe they were eaten by said big spiders? Or maybe it was too hard/hot/humid?

Not long to go now. Literally counting the days. Can't wait!!!

Total fundraising to date: £4205.19
Miles Rode Today: 0
Miles Rode Since 16/02/06: 858.9