Friday, October 20, 2006

Friday 20th October

Sorry for no posts over the last few days. Through one thing or another I've been pretty busy to say the least.

Really wanted to get out on the "real" bike this weekend but still haven't sorted out my back wheel and to be honest, I think I'll just get a new one... a decent set of wheels that is!!

In just over a year I've snapped about 15 spokes on the back wheel!! Considering I had my old cheapy Carrera Katmandu for over 10 years and didn't snap a single spoke, this new fancy expensive Kona bike is proving very costly in maintenance. I'm looking at around the £100 mark for a semi-decent set of wheels. I've probably spent around £80 so far replacing spokes ffs!! :(

Had my photo shoot with the South Wales Argus this evening. Not sure when it'll make press but I'm gonna have a mention and a few piccies so hopefully that'll generate some more sponsors. Was quite weird posing for the camera, just hope I don't look a right tit in the paper :P

Will try and get a scan of the article and get it posted on here.

26 days, 13 hours and 41 minutes till the adventure begins :)

Total fundraising to date: £4205.19
Miles Rode Today: 0
Miles Rode Since 16/02/06: 858.9