Sunday, November 12, 2006

Sunday 12th November

Wooot. Finally passed the 1000 mile training mark, I'm pretty happy with that :)

Got out on my Kona (my real bike) this afternoon. Weather was perfect if not a little cold with the wind chill. Sun was shining, roads were clear and no pain in either knee's. 24.3 (39Km) miles in 2 hours exactly. Not race pace I know but it involved plenty of hard hills to slog it out on, lots of undulating flats and some nice downhill sections. That was from Llanfrechfa going through Ponthir to Caerleon, hooking left through the lanes to Usk. Then joining the canal down from Pontypool to Cwmbran and home. :P

Went shopping yesterday for the medical supplies I have to take... £70 in Boots!! How gutted was I!! Mucho!!

Have started getting my gear together. Not that I can take much as I've only a 15kg limit on luggage.

Started playing (learning) with my new camera. I decided on the Canon Powershot G7. Only after reading several hundred different reviews, getting confused and frustrated and thinking sod it... Got to have a decent camera to take to Vietnam. If we visit Heavens Gate in Sa Pa, I want to climb to the top and get some decent wide-screen shots.

Just look at it:


May even take my tripod to get a really good shot. We'll see how much weight my other stuff comes to first :)

Got my last Japanese B jab tomorrow. Mmmmm

3 Days, 19 Hours, 2 Minutes...

Total fundraising to date: £4485.19
Miles Rode Today: 24.3
Miles Rode Since 16/02/06: 1021.2