Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Monday 13th November

No cycling today. Had my third (and final) Japanese B jab this morning. Didn't feel too bad other than some really weird stuff going on in my head and a dislike to bright light. Not sure if that's the vaccination or insanity kicking in.

Oh well... as my fellow "Kelly" the Don they named Paul (Palmer Environmental Firmware Engineer Extraordinaire - Paul Kelly) (no relation) said in response to my "spam the company for last minute sponsors" email today, something along the lines of

"if you get bitten, at least Vietnam will have the healthiest Mosquitoes in the world with the amount of jabs you've had. You'll cure them all"

Cheers mate. Glad to know my pain and suffering (not to mention expense) of all these jabs will aid the little flying sucky blood bastards in some way :P

Have to give a massive massive thank you to my work colleagues and good friends (Palmer Environmental husband and wife tag team) Dave and Rachel Daniels for their huge sponsor. Thank you!!! Considering you fly to Cuba 2 days after I leave it's really considerate and kind of you both and I hope you have a great holiday* in Los Cubos and Rachel... don't worry!! Your 8 hour flight to Cuba is a drop in the ocean to my 14 hour + flight path to Vietnam.

Have a wine or 2 in the departure lounge (then have the 3rd and 4th on the plane) and enjoy the flight. Dave... I just know your going to get ruined before you even step on the plane!!!. Hope you have a good and safe flight with plenty of onboard entertainment. Failing that Rachel could always do her most excellent rendition of Cilla Black's "Surprise Surprise" to help pass everyone's time :)

Must also say a massive thank you to Dave and Gill Tyler (my Aunty and Uncle) and my cousin Scott for their sponsors. Thank you all, will try not to let you down. Still think Dave would kick my ass on a bike ride though!! :)

Last day in work tomorrow then I have 1 day left in Wales to get everything sorted...

Can't believe how quick time is going. Quite scary. Nerves are starting to kick in, along with excitement of course.

Got a "good luck" drink tomorrow with my mates. Don't intend on getting drunk but... I am going to Vietnam after all :)

2 Days, 11 Hours, 42 Minutes...

*Bet I get a better tan line!!

Total fundraising to date: £4645.19
Miles Rode Today: 0
Miles Rode Since 16/02/06: 1021.2