Thursday, November 02, 2006

Thursday 2nd November

Brrrr how cold!!! Only managed a 13.5 miler but froze my ass off!! Even with my thermals it was like riding through the Antartic. My right knee (op knee) just froze stiff!!! Far to cold to do anymore. Did put in extra hills and effort though.

Still... my new wheels proved a good choice :)

Many thanks to Andy Carter (Bristol Office Machines & BizBuyBaby.co.uk) for his sponsor. Thanks Andy and yes, I will try to enjoy every minute as long as I don't see those of those eight legged freaks!!

Had another mention in the South Wales Argus tonight. I didn't even know I was in there until my Nan told me. Cheers Nan :)

Will try and get a scan of the clipping tomorrow.

Received an updated itinerary and flight schedule from Across the Divide today. All looking good apart from, 15 kg luggage...

Guess I won't be taking the diving suit, surfboard, laptop, ghetto blaster, come to think of it... 1 pair o shorts and a t-shirt!! I've got pedals and a seat to get in there!! Not to mention:-

cycling shoes

waterproof jacket

fleece

numerous shorts (of the padded kind)

socks and boxers

t-shirts (quick drying)

jeans (for gala night?)

camera (still got to get one)

cycling helmet

shades - uva and uvb protected

ear plugs (this worries me!! are there ear spidies out there??)

long sleeve shirt (to keep mozzies at bay in the evenings)

sellotape (for ensuring no spidies crawl up legs/arms in said evenings)

camo-net (to try and hide from mozzies)

big spade (to keep spidies at arms length around surrounding sleeping area)

toilet roll (coz I'm not doing dock leafs out there - underleaf man-eating spidies come to mind)

wash bag (you know... toothbrush, soap, 007 issued anti-spidie gun, the usual wash bag kit :P)

medikit comprising of:
painkillers, ibuprofen or other anti-inflammatory, imodium, antiseptic wipes, plasters, gauze pads, crepe bandage, zinc oxcide tap, compeed, dehydration mix, vaseline (steady tiger), tweezers, scissors, safety pins, water purifying tabs, alcohol based hand gel. ummm

torch

sun hat

sun screen (factor 1 million)

insect repelent (lol like i wasn't going to take it anyway)

water proof bags

camelbak (min 3ltrs)

mp3 player (for the hard slog hills!!)

Think that's about it

13 Days, 12 Hours and 36 Minute...

Total fundraising to date: £4470.19
Miles Rode Today: 13.5
Miles Rode Since 16/02/06: 939.3