Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Wednesday 8th November

/me smacks hand for not updating blog over weekend, although blogger was down friday so that wasn't my fault. Didn't update it monday or tuesday either for that matter. No other reason than I forgot sorry :(

Dale (my best good friend in Canada) sorry mate. Hope this read makes up for missing posts. There's me whinging it's like -1 degrees and it's too cold to go for a bike ride. Poor old Dale... what was it again? Minus what? oooh -17 you say. Ha!! Serves you right for moving to Canada you old (er) git!! :P

Got a few miles in over the weekend on the X-Bike (in the heat and comfort of my toasty warm home Dale!!) and last night. Just too cold outside. Got an hour in today after work as well.

Must say a massive thank you to Michael Boxall (IT Guru for Halma) for his sponsor. Cheers mate, look after my babies* for me whilst I'm away :)

Can't believe it's only 1 week till I go. Time has just flown by. Be Christmas before you know it!!

Starting to get a little nervous now. I know I haven't done as much training as I said I was going to do. Just hope I've done enough.

I have cut done on the junk food though and swapped beer/lager/cider for the odd glass of wine so I've done good in other areas in regards to preparation. Still haven't knocked the fags on the head though.

Physically I think I'll be OK. Mentally... well... I think it'll help being slightly insane :)

7 Days, 15 Hours & 35 Minutes...

*Babies = Blackberry, File, Exchange, Firewall, Surfcontrol Servers

Total fundraising to date: £4485.19
Miles Rode Today: 11
Miles Rode Since 16/02/06: 987.7