Friday, March 31, 2006

*Friday 31st March

Went out for a short ride this afternoon with Dave and Carl (work mates), clocked up a wee 12 miles, no problem!! I can tell I'm getting fitter, even the "killer" hill (from the M4 motorway flyover up to 14 Locks) seems to be getting slightly easier but it's still a killer!! A little wet and boggy today but at least at wasn't cold!!

Dave was testing out his new bike... very nice it is too!! (made by pixies I believe!!) and Carl was testing out Dave's old bike... that is until he tried to bunny hop a tree!! Didn't quite make it and ended up smashing ALL the back cogs, stripping the teeth and even bending his front gear's.. Gutting!! but at least he was able to ride it home without too much difficulty!!

Received my donated item's from Bike Scene. Specialized bib and team cycle top!! Well chuffed!! Think I may keep the top for training etc... and auction/raffle the bib.

Don't think I'll have time to make it on the bike this weekend, company stocktake Sat & Sun!! Pero es posible if the weathers OK and I'm not too knackered, I may just try and get out after we finish for the day... we'll see

Took a piccy of my mention in the mag (see yesterday's post)

My Spot of Fame in 3D World Magazine

No sponsor's today but hopefully after bugging work mates all weekend, they may just sponsor me to shut me up :)

Until tomorrow

Total fundraising to date: £927.00
Miles Rode Today: 12
Miles Rode Since 16/02/06: 124