Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Tuesday 20th June

Woooaa, does time fly!! Over a week since my last entry and quite a bit has happened since then!! /me slaps face for being lazy and not updating blog.

Didn’t go out on the bike last week as I was stilling waiting for the parts to turn up, which they now have (fitted them after work tonight). So, in preparation for this weekends 24hr Endurance Race, I hope to get out tomorrow (with team-mate Dave “like a whippet” Daniels) after work.

Team Captain Rob “Cap’t Bob” Windmill has arranged some t-shirts (my design) for the event which I hope should make some good publicity. Should resemble:-


Been watching far too much footy!!

My house move is looking promising, I’m now waiting for the vendors solicitors (Grrr) to get back to my solicitors (Grrr) with regards to the lease etc… so, touching wood, I should be there for the World Cup Final (When Brazil lift the cup…)

Haven’t had any more sponsors/donations to the charity for sometime, but I haven’t really had time to be honest. I did ring Cancer Research UK last week to ask for a donation bucket so I can try and get some donations at the weekends race. That arrived today :)

Received my ultra bright, aeroplane guiding, moon landing, blindingly bright, halogen lights from LumiCycle and have now added them to the list of sponsoring companies on my site (see “companies” page for link). Thank you Jon and Steve @ LumiCycle for your kind support!!

Had a great game of golf on the weekend with my Dad (who came down for Bens [my Nephew] 6th Birthday, and Fathers Day). He kicked my ass at golf (as usual), but considering he has 20 yrs more practise than me, and he’s vice captain in his golf society, I didn’t do too bad. I did manage an unbeatably blistering 320 yard drive though!! Course was Alice Springs (not the one in Aus!!) in Usk. Really nice course, stunning scenery… bit hilly!! Well, I say hilly, we were looking for the clamp-ons at one stage :)

World Cup Competition is hotting up, current leader board looks like:

1st Place: Richard Pollard 38 - StW Top Prize £150
2nd Place: Jonathan Smith 32
2nd Place: Simon Ryalls 32
3rd Place: Steve Grainger 31
Last Place: Scott Wicklund 16 - StW Welsh love spoon

StW = Stands to Win

Penty more games to change all that though

See here for the league page: http://www.fantasyfacup.com/worldcup/leagues/144

Steve

Total fundraising to date: £3380.00
Miles Rode Today: 0
Miles Rode Since 16/02/06: 417.5