Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Wednesday 12th July

Dear Aunty Teresa (private joke) :P

I likes those big brown eye's
I likes the ring through your nose
I likes your wet snout
I likes the way you stamps your hooves
I likes them big dangling udders you got
I likes the dance you do's in the anchor spreadable advert
I likes you medium to well done, with a good drop off mayonaise sauce.
But most of all i likes the way you MOOOOOOOOOOO

Gutted, haven't been out on the bike since last Wednesday...

Let this be a lesson, unless your a pro, don't dismantle your gear mechanisms to see how they work!!

I've kinda fixed it but the back wheel is still, shall we say, oval rather than round and theres not a lot I can do about that tbh.

Not going to take it to the usual place... I won't name them as I wouldn't want to give people the wrong impression, but let's say I wouldn't even take my bike there to get a reflector fitted yet alone realign a wheel, Halfo.... now now, I said I wouldn't mention their name :P

Muppets!!

I've been offered free servicing from Reg Braddick cycles in Cardiff so I'm hoping to take the bike down there sometime this week to get it done properly :D

Haven't had time to blog for the last few days. Been working on the bike amongst other stuff. I've fitted the SRAM components and they are running smooth as, just need a little tweaking to stop the ghosting during gear changing, my fault for taking it apart. I'm hoping the folks at Reg Braddick can lend me a few pointers when I go down there.

Would be a good idea to get to grips with all sides of bike maintenance, not just changing a tube or fitting a new cable on the side of the road... wouldn't want to be stuck on a mountain side in Vietnam with only 1 gear working, thats what scares the bejesus outta me, well, that and really big spiders :)

Also been working on a website for a local scuba diving club. More on that to come when it's up and running.

Still emailing companies left, right and centre asking for support. Out of the last ooo say 50 odd emails I've sent, I've had 2 replies. It's hard work trying to get sponsors/donations. Still, I battle on with the spam war...

On my house front... my solicitors (grr) are still fobbing me off saying their waiting for information from the vendors solicitors (grr), Helen from the Estate Agents has been advising me she's on to the vendors, the vendors are on to their solicitors (grr) and I'm on to my solicitors (grr), meanwhile little Dougy Jnr and his lil sis Sharline fell down a cliff and Bouncer had to get Carl and Harold for help...

Yup, it's like an episode off Neighbours :(

Had another donation today from a new work collegue, thank you John Lambert!!

Until next time: G'day. What's your favourite colour Blue??...

D'oh almost forgot to mention, Andrew Morris from Nottingham won my World Cup Predicitions competition netting himself a nice £150 cheque. Congratulations Andrew!!

The World Cup Predicition competition helped raise over £500 for Cancer Research UK

Italy winning the World Cup... why didn't I predict that??

Total fundraising to date: £3572.00
Miles Rode Today: 0
Miles Rode Since 16/02/06: 544.5