Friday, September 08, 2006

Friday 8th September

Arghhhh I'm 30!!

Hit the ripe old age of 30 last Wednesday (6th September). Can't believe I'm 30 already, where does the time go?

Thought I woke up to a grey hair as well but after confirmation from friends, we decided it was a very blond hair instead!! :)

My new X-Bike has arrived and I've already put it to use. Have to admit it's harder than I thought. Never riden an exercise bike like it!! After 26 minutes I was knackered and dripping as much sweat as I would on a real 30 miler. Not sure if thats a good sign or a bad sign but then I was trying to keep up with the Tour de France rider on the accompanying DVD :P

Plan to try and do some indoor training in the mornings before and after work then get out on the "real" bike on the weekends. It's not that long til the 16th November and I need to get fit.

I received a letter from Across the Divide today with the flight times for my journey to Hong Kong then to Hanoi. I hate flying!!! Not because I'm scared but because I get incredibly bored!! Still, thats what the on-board bar is for :P

No mention of an extension in country so I'll be chasing that up. Wouldn't mind getting there a few days prior to the start of the race to get acclimatised etc... then to spend a few days after to sight see etc... (or sleep more like).

My digital cameras still playing up but I promised a few piccies of Ozzy and Loca so (taken on mobile phone camera, sorry about quality:

Loca 10 weeks old

Ozzy 10 weeks old

Ozzy beating up his sister Loca (as usual)

Had to worm them today... think I came off worse than them though, I'm covered in scratches and bite marks, bless!!

Total fundraising to date: £4085.19
Miles Rode Today: 0
Miles Rode Since 16/02/06: 686.5