Thursday, September 28, 2006

Thursday 28th September

Maaan I'm getting so lazy. Sorry for no posts (again). Can't think of any reasonable excuse to use either :(

I have to give a special thanks to my best mate Dale (now residing in Canada) who emailed me and promptly told me to get off my fat arse and get posting. So... here we go:

Our Ex-Pat Dale

Firstly. I'd like to thank Rob "Cap't Bob" Windmill for his sponsor yesterday and kind words of encouragement (cannot be repeated due to explicit language). Cheers mate

Cap't Bob AKA Rob Windmill

Having now less than 2 months to go til the big adventure, everyone has been asking about fitness levels, the old "have you given up the fags yet" questions, am I scared, am I mentally prepared etc... I've got 1 thing to say and that is CREEPY F******* CRAWLIES. I know that's actually 3 seperate words but I think it can be justified with the following images:-



Yup. Vietnam is full of horrible nasty, nightmare encouraging, gut wrenching spiders and if there's just one thing I hate in this world, it's spiders........ for more photos of the little (and big) creepy 8 legged bastards, please visit this site: here (pictures courtesy of Richard Seaman). Need I say more!! I hate em!!! Urghghhghgh no sleep for Steve in Vietnam!!

Had "some" vaccinations yesterday, arm is still killing me!! Unfortunately as I'm going to a very rural area in Vietnam I'm also advised to have additional jabs for rabies, japanese b enculipitus (other something) and something else... ummm oh and high level malaria tablets. Anyway, I have to pay for these "additional" vaccinations myself and it sounds costly. Gutting!! :(

While I think of it, I still need to sort out my visa. Maaan I AM GETTING LAZY!!

I have been on my X-Bike though and am really starting to feel and see the benefits. You wouldn't believe an indoor bike could be so good. I'm not lying. All I need is a fan, someone to throw gravel and loose chippings at me and some birds singing* in the background and I could actually be up Twmbarlwm.

*The Nolan Sisters, Three Degrees or The Supremes need not apply

Total fundraising to date: £4155.19
Miles Rode Today: 12
Miles Rode Since 16/02/06: 754.5