Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Tuesday 24th October

D'oh!! Still haven't ordered my wheels and I'm not using that as an excuse not to go out this weekend, just haven't had the time. I did attempt to order some online last night but got confused (undecided more like) on which ones to get.

Got 25 miles in tonight on the X-Bike. Not sore at all, no aches, pains etc... just got bored!! Pedalling like hell (and sweating like a pig in a butchers shop*) for over 2 hours and getting no where fast has a mental impact!! I actually tried to imagine being out on a dust track, wind in my hair, birds tweeting, gravel and dust spraying up, the downhill exhilaration, the uphill struggle and relief etc... didn't work... ended up watching some TV show on Asian Cooking (of the insect kind).

Was quite interesting although I think I'll stick to bananas and rice in Vietnam, with the exception that if I do get offered deep fried tarantula I'm taking the opportunity for revenge by biting it's head/ass/whatever off for all the years of fear it’s cousins have caused me!! Spiders! Urgh!! Or is it Arghhh!!

I feel I could do another 25 easily so I'm pretty happy with my current state of fitness, apart from the fact I STILL haven't given up smoking. I’ve cut down considerably, just can’t seem to knock it on the head.

Should be having my story printed in the South Wales Argus tomorrow :)

Just hope it helps raise some more funds for St Anne's hospice and Cancer Research UK

22 days, 15 hours and 10 minutes...

*Pigs don't actually sweat!!

Total fundraising to date: £4205.19
Miles Rode Today: 25.2
Miles Rode Since 16/02/06: 889.6