Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Tuesday 14th November

My last day in work and man was I busy!! Trying to tie up loose ends with different projects, sorting out covering roles, support documentation, saying my "see you soon's" (don't like good byes)... got quite emotional at one point!! :(

Still (as usual) gonna pop in tomorrow on my day off to: Wiegh** my luggage - make sure I'm not over the 15kg limit and say my "see you soon's" to work mates. Can't beleive** I'm actually going to miss work (I'm fortunate enough to actually enjoy my job), not to mention work mates...

Cool as... Good mate and fellow moutain biker Dale Tyler came up trumps with a unique "going away gift" (custom made by Tyler himself*). A Spider Mallet!!

Instructions read as follows (works best if you say them in an Asian accent):

1. Find Spider
2. Hit spider very much. Bang Bang
3. Look see if spider dead

Weight pending, this is coming with me!!

Cheers Tyler mate. Pity you didn't make it with a 6ft handle though!! :P

Had a few drinsk** (too many by the looks of your spelling Steve) with my mates tongigth** in the infamous ye olden Green House. Plenty of banter (mostly at my expense) about spiders, man eating flies, ting tong and tong ting... all good fun though :)

Even though I'm only gone 10 odd day's, being that far away (approx 5800 miles) in such a different civilization/country, I'll miss them. They've all supported me in my cause and have given me moral support at times when I've been pretty down, not least since my Granddad passed away. You couldn't ask for better mates. Cheers guys!!

Will do my best to get you:

Gab: 1 x Water Buffalo, 10,000 Vietnamese Dong, a photo of me with a 5 dollar note in my hand stood next to a local "ahem" tourist guide and an item of Vietnamese clothing for his soon due to be born baby (which me and Sparrow both reckon is going to be a boy!!) :P

Mark: 1 x rice hat, 10,000 Vietnamese Dong, a spider (which he didn't ask for but if I can I'm gonna scare the bejesus outta him with) and a decent panoramic photo of "Heavens Gate" in Sa Pa

Sparrow: 1 x rice hat, 10,000 Vietnamese Dong

Tyler: 1 x photo of me using Spider Mallet and 1 x Water Buffalo

The "peice de la resistence**" of the night, best mate Mark came over with a personally designed and printed on "proper" vynil** a movie sized poster:

Think "I'm a celebrity, get me outta here!!"

Not the most fetching of pictures but it made me laugh (note the big spidie coming in from top!!). LOL cheers mate :P

Literally counting the minutes now. May try and stay up for a few more hours. Wanna be really tired on that plane. There's only so much Soduku**, reading and TV you can do before boredom strikes...

1 Day, 11 Hours, 20 Minutes...

*Was actually a Meat Mallet - Tyler photoshopped a label and instruction set - you can't actually buy these. Saying that, if you do want one we retail them at just £15.99...

**Blame Gab, Mark and Sparrow... I can't drink for sh...

Total fundraising to date: £4645.19
Miles Rode Today: 0
Miles Rode Since 16/02/06: 1021.2